Saturday, November 9, 2013

First Chapter Excerpt From Destiny And Faith Go To Twincentric Academy

Teddy O'Malley

Destiny And Faith

Go To

Twincentric Academy


First Edition

Copyright © Teddy O'Malley

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 1

The Academy






“Destiny! Faith! I have something important to tell you girls!” my mother called from downstairs.
“What do you think she wants?” I asked.
Faith shrugged. “I just hope it's not something I did. Race?”
“Yeah!” I agreed. Faith and I raced down the stairs. She won only because she cheated.
“Girls, please sit.” Mom pointed to the chairs. Our four-year-old sister Olive sat near her, crashing her toy airplane into her muffin.


“Your father and I have made an important decision. We wanted to let you girls know about it and see what your thoughts and opinions are.”
Faith and I turned and gave each other an “uh-oh” look. When Mom wanted our thoughts and opinions it usually meant something not-so-good was coming up like her deciding to send us to our old Aunt Hazel's house.
The only thing Aunt Hazel let us eat was chocolate chip pancakes. I love chocolate but that was a little too much pancake for me!
Mom must not have known how to word it because she simply pushed a brochure towards Faith and me.
The headline read

Twincentric Academy
Where twins reign supreme!




I grabbed the brochure, opened it and read, “Give your twins the benefits they deserve. Twins are not like singletons. They have special twin needs. Our school supports important twin issues such as twin bonding, twin telepathy, and twin development. No other school pays special attention to twins like Twincentric does!”
“What do you think, girls?” Mom asked.
Before Faith and I could give our opinions she threw in, “I have already enrolled you girls for second grade in Twincentric so I hope you'll like it.”
“I don't know,” we both said. We looked at each other, both of us contemplating a school that paid special attention to twinship. It was true our first school did not.

There teachers had made a few attempts to separate us. They even asked us to “please stop dressing alike”.



~End of Excerpt~

You can also download a PDF copy of the excert from my website.
http://www.teddyomalley.weebly.com

You can purchase Destiny And Faith Go To Twincentric Academy on Amazon too!



No comments:

Post a Comment